The Trustees of the Union Church Historic Site (TUCHS) are committed to preserving the structure and interpreting its history. There are six trustees who are court-appointed by the Stafford County Circuit Court. The number of trustees is based on the number of trustees in the original 1868 deed of trust that is recorded at Stafford County Courthouse.
The organization is a nonprofit organization
with tax exempt status. The first meeting of the Trustees was held on
January 20, 2009. The organizational structure consists of officers
(chairman, vice chairman, secretary and treasurer), and operates under
bylaws. Meetings are held monthly and are conducted according to the
Robertís Rules of Order.
However, the Union Church stands in a state of serious disrepair with gaping holes in the roof, and structural damage. The Virginia Department of Historic Resources has recently completed an assessment of the structure and the trustees will begin a major fundraising effort to follow the restoration plan that has been outlined.
©2013 The Union Church Preservation Project